To submit your own announcement for next week’s Monday Announcements post, email email@example.com with EXACTLY how you’d like the blurb to appear, complete with links, photos and the like, [between 30 and 120 words, please] before 5:00 PM eastern, this coming Friday.
Are you following us on Instagram? You can find us at @HLBlogs and we want to follow YOU, too! Leave a comment on our most recent #BlogHealthy #InstaPoll so we can follow you back!!
We are looking to bring Blog Tip Thursday back in action here at HLB! Do you have a post about blog tricks, awesome plugins, social media strategies or other tips you’d like to share with the Healthy Living Blogs community? Give your great content more visibility [or promote your online services!] by submitting it to our Blog Tip series. We love to send more eyes to your site by leading readers to your posts about blogging, social media, and all things internet. Send us links to the post(s) you already have published on your site or pitch ideas for new content to healthylivingblogs at gmail.com to be considered for a feature in a future BTT column.
Are you a food blogger with a focus on healthy recipes looking to join a group of like-minded bloggers? The Recipe Redux is the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. Founded on the belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious, we are reinventing the idea of healthy eating with a taste-first approach. Each month you’ll be presented with a new challenge and everyone posts their creations on a designated day. Learn more and sign up to join us here.
A few giveaways from around the community:
Hosting a giveaway this week? Don’t forget to email us with the details so we can add it to next week’s post!
- Amee recommends: Easy Shakshuka with Harissa from Kara Lydon, The Foodie Dietitian // “A traditional Middle Eastern dish with a North African twist, this easy shakshuka with harissa (eggs baked in a spicy tomato stew) is a delicious savory dish”
- Emily C recommends: Dietitians Favorite Mexican Recipes from Eat Real Live Well // Dips, appetizers, sides, burritos, tacos and more! This post is filled with delicious dishes to impress!
- Emily H recommends: Are G.M.O. Foods Safe? from The New York Times // “A great intro and overview of GMO foods. A reminder that cross pollination, a “natural” process, has been altering genes for centuries!”-@mtjdessertblog
- Glenneth recommends: 10 Service Business Essentials that Help You Win Clients with Confidence from copyblogger // “What if your content marketing actually works? What if you get all the clients you want? Will you be able to handle them?”
- Heather recommends: 10 Ways to Help Calm Your Mind and Battle Anxiety from Kelly Walker // Good, practical advice for when you are feeling anxious and would rather not.
- Kaila recommends: Outdoor Full Body Partner Workout from Food Faith Fitness // An order workout to do with a friend, and all you need is a ball of ANY kind? Perfect springtime fitness!
- Kelly N recommends: Every Disney Fan Should Complete This Incredible, Edible Bucket List from PopSugar // “Dole whips, and Mickey pretzels, breakfast buffets, and so many delicious thiiiinngggsss.” –@kellynigl
- Mindy recommends: How Sharna Burgess of “Dancing with the Stars” Finally Learned to Love Her Body from Shape // “It’s not easy to change your outlook and how you react to negative comments about your body, but I’ve finally been able to do it. I’m entertaining people and making them happy, and no amount of online hate can take that away.”
Some of us share our favorite recent reads via social media using the Buffer app. Have you signed up, yet? [and if you do decide to sign up for a free trial, we’d love if you used our referral link to get there, to show you heard about Buffer from us at HLB! ]