Have you heard of HLB’s Blog Tip Thursday? Every week, we will share one of our favorite ‘how-to’ posts about blogging, social media, and the community we LOVE to love.
Our desire is you consider HLB a resource in your efforts to blog BETTER – we want to be stronger bloggers ourselves, and we see the desire for stronger posts and cleaner designs. We understand wanting to know the BEST plug-ins, aps, programs, and resources to keep your site in tip top shape. And nothing makes us nerd-out more than getting super meta about all things blog-world.
We’re not experts, we’re simply bloggers ourselves – sharing our own experiences, tips and tricks of the trade.
We welcome your questions, your suggestions for future topics, and your ‘how-to’ post recommendations at firstname.lastname@example.org!
THE WRITE STUFF:
- Writing Recipes Like a Pro
- How to Come Up with Post Ideas
- Recipe Sharing: Posting Other People’s Recipes
- Why to Continue Blogging
- Excuses in Blogging
- Being Vulnerable on Your Blog
- Honesty in Blogging
- The Emotional Side of Blogging New!
- A Case for Videos
- Why You Should Start Vlogging
- Blogging While Traveling
- Blog Design
- HTML for Beginners
- Photography Talk
- Photo Editing Tips
- Savvy Photo Editing New!
- Use PicMonkey
- Editing with Picasa New!
- Design Tips for Better Graphics
- Multitask While Keeping a Consistent Blogging Schedule
- DIY Blog Planner New!
BLOG NUTS & BOLTS:
- What PR Reps Love to Find on Your Site
- Contact Info
- About Page
- Disclaimer Statement
- Impossible Commenting
- Making Your Site Mobile Friendly New!
- Connecting with Other Bloggers
- How to Host a Blogger Meet Up
- Blend Etiquette
- Blogger Bullies
- Rising Above Negativity
- Five Things Bloggers Want Most
- Confessions of a Newbie Blogger
- #Fitfluential: Not Just a Hashtag
- Friendship in the Community
- Nine Ways to Improve Your Blogging
- Blog Reading Turn Offs
- Blogging with a Full Time Job
- Tips for Full Time 9-5’ers who Blog on the Side
- The Best Blogging Advice
- Ten Ways to Create and Maintain a Blog
- Five Blogging Tips
- Getting Started with Your Blog
- Setting Goals and Celebrating Accomplishments
- Blogging Goals
- Blogging Vows
- Lessons to Remember
- Thoughts from a Newbie Blogger on Goal Setting New!
PROMOTE YOUR BRAND:
- Sharing with Intention
- Earn Free Advertising Space
- Creating a Shop for Your Blog
- Partnering with Urban Spoon
- Using Stumble Upon to Promote Blog Content
- Why Highlighting Your Best Blog Content is Important
KNOWING YOUR REACH:
- Knowing Klout
- Klout has Influence How About You
- Updating Your Klout Topics
- Using Google Analytics
- Get Tagged!
GROWING YOUR REACH:
- The Whys and Hows of Self Hosting
- Self Host Me
- Increasing Your Readership
- Two Simple SEO Tips
- Building a Blog Audience
- Best Time to Post
- WHY to Use Twitter
- Twitter for Beginners
- Twitter Tips
- Sharing Links Via Twitter
- Changing Your Twitter Name
- Tweeting Made Easy
- Twitter Chats New!
- Very Pinteresting
- Using Pinterest to Promote Blog Content
- How to Find Out if You’ve Been Pinner on Pinterest
- Google Yourself
- Super Google Reader
- Gmail Superstars!
- Social Searching
- Get Control of Your Google Reader
- Google Reader Next Button
- Using Google Docs to Display Goal Progress
- Buffer App & Chrome: A Perfect Match New!
- Google Reader Alternatives New!
- Sexy Bookmark Plug-in
- SEO & WordPress Plug-ins
- Comment Reply Notification Plug-in
- WordPress Plug-ins Spotlight