In our weekly Friday Feature, we share a 5-question interview with one of the fantastic members of HealthyLivingBlogs.com. Take the time to get to know your co-members, pick up tips and tricks, blogging know-how, and recommendations from your fellow bloggers. If you’re an HLB member and haven’t gotten your interview email yet, don’t worry, you will in time! We’re working our way through a list of 2,000+ members’ blogs at random.
1. What’s your name, blog name, and how did you create your blog title?
I’m Catherine and I blog at A Cup of Catherine.
The name came to me after realizing an earlier blog name of mine didn’t fit any longer. I went from writing primarily about food to writing about overall wellness, mental health, motherhood, fitness, and, of course, food.
I think of a cup as a metaphor for our lives. I want mine to be full, and I want my blog to be a place where there’s no judgment and readers can have a metaphorical cup of coffee with me.
2. What can a new visitor expect to find from your blog?
I share honest thoughts about life. Readers would find reflections on my personal journey to self acceptance as well as healthy (& sometimes indulgent) recipes and lifestyle posts.
3. What is one lesson you’ve learned about blogging since you first started your website?
It’s essential to find your own voice and write what matters to you! I tried early on to emulate popular bloggers I admired, but that type of writing was inauthentic to me. It’s also important to value quality over quantity.
4. Do you ever experience days when you don’t want to make healthy choices? How do you motivate yourself when you really need it?
All the time! When I need motivation, I remind myself that I have a young child who sees how I treat myself. I take care of my health so I can be the best mom and wife and enjoy seeing my family grow and experience life together.
5. What is your favorite site to visit to find motivation in your healthy living journey? What do you find from this website?
I love Erin’s Inside Job because she tackles difficult topics in a relatable way. She also shares a healthy balance of exercise/nutritious food with indulgence.