Friday Feature: Eat Chic Chicago

Share if you care! Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on TumblrDigg thisBuffer this pageEmail this to someonePrint this page

FridayFeatures3In our weekly Friday Feature, we share a 5-question interview with one of the fantastic members of HealthyLivingBlogs.com. Take the time to get to know your co-members, pick up tips and tricks, blogging know-how, and recommendations from your fellow bloggers. If you’re an HLB member and haven’t gotten your interview email yet, don’t worry, you will in time! We’re working our way through a list of 2,000+ members’ blogs at random.



1. What’s your name, blog name, and how did you create your blog title?

My name is Amari Thomsen from Eat Chic Chicago.  I wanted a name for my blog that was catchy, easy to remember, related to food/nutrition, and relevant to the location of my private practice. The name reflects my food philosophy that eating healthy does not have to be boring – it can be cool, trendy and chic!

2. What is your tagline and why?

Everyday heart-healthy ways .

The heart-healthy diet is the most highly researched eating pattern, with studies looking at everything from foods to lower your cholesterol, decrease blood pressure and assist in weight loss. However, there is a gap in education on how to implement these recommendations into every day practical application. My blog is focused on the “how-to” aspect of a heart-healthy diet – easy ways to make heart-healthy choices every single day.

3. What’s one goal you’re working towards right now?

When it comes to blogs, we all know that content is king. I started my blog back in 2009 – when blogs were daily diaries, mediocre photography was acceptable, and SEO was hardly relevant. I am currently revisiting all 500+ blog posts on my website and working to update out-of-date content, re-shoot recipes, and optimize SEO. I am also striving to weave more heart health content into each of my posts. With a history of heart disease in both my family and my husband’s family, eating for a healthy heart and the prevention of cardiovascular disease is something we focus on daily.

4. What is your healthy eating philosophy?

Build a healthy relationship with food with two simple numbers: 80 and 20. Choose clean, good-for-you foods 80% of the time. The other 20% is flexible. The objective is to break free from the unattainable goal of perfection, from trying to be 100% all of the time. Instead, feel confident, content, free and accomplished at 80. My blog is dedicated to providing heart-healthy nutrition resources, recipes, advice and inspiration to help readers commit to their best 80%.

5. Spread some blog love – which Healthy Living Blog do you read every single post from?

I check in on a handful of different blogs from time to time for recipe and fitness inspiration, and also to support a few fellow dietitian blogger friends! Blogs include: Oh She Glows, Amee’s Savory Dish, fANNEtastic Food, Edible Perspective, Eating Bird Food, Iowa Girl Eats, Champagne Nutrition, Dietitian Debbie Dishes, The Healthy Maven, and Zen and Spice.

Share if you care! Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on TumblrDigg thisBuffer this pageEmail this to someonePrint this page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *