To submit your own announcement for next week’s Monday Announcements post, email firstname.lastname@example.org with EXACTLY how you’d like the blurb to appear, complete with links, photos and the like, [between 30 and 120 words, please] before 12:00 Noon eastern, this coming Sunday.
Are you following us on instagram? Find us at @hlblogs. And please leave a comment on this post with your own instagram handle, too. We’d love to make sure we’re following you, too!
Spartan Up! Guide to Life
• If you want to change your life you have to change your frame of reference.
• Anyone can demand instant gratification… but if you can delay it, you might just get where you want to go.
• Who says easier and faster is always better? Adversity paves the road to success.
Spartan Up! is more than an insider’s view of the world of obstacle racing
It’s a manual for the Spartan way of life, including:
- Finding the will to succeed: The first half of a race you run with your legs; the second half you run with your mind. Turn your pain into an outboard motor to drive you forward.
- Tossing your cookies: The Cookie Test can teach you how to overcome the need for immediate gratification and help you prosper in the long term.
- Getting Spartan fit: Survival of the Fittest means training outside the gym for strength, endurance and flexibility for your entire body—and don’t forget those burpees!
- Moving mountains: Whether metaphorical mountains or the ones on which Spartans race, what you think of as your limitations can actually be a mere starting point for transformation.
Pre-Order Spartan Up! now: Order via Amazon
Heather recommends: Click. Snap. from Love Life Surf
Some of us share our favorite recent reads via social media using the Buffer app. Have you signed up, yet? It’s FREE!! [and if you do decide to sign up, we’d love if you used our referral link to show you heard about Buffer from us at HLB! ]