Happy December! We are back with a brand new theme for this month’s Healthy Living Tuesdays series, and this month’s theme is perfect for a month of gift-giving:“Favorite Healthy Cooking Tools!”
The best part of our HLT series is the open-invitation to participate. Here’s how you can play along: Sometime in the next few weeks, write a post on your own blog under the “Favorite Healthy Cooking Tools” theme. When the last Tuesday of the month arrives, we’ll host a link up. Participating is a great challenge: How will you make your post stand out in a community of bloggers writing under the same theme? Plus, the link up at the end of the month is an awesome way to promote your greatest content!
Between now & then, we’ll be showing off some of our members own posts on the subject manner – so, be sure to come back and visit each week to get a taste of how others are tackling the topic themselves. It’s a great way to find new bloggers to read and get to know your fellow HLB Members. [If you’re interested in writing for future Healthy Living Tuesday featured posts, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
Hi everyone, I’m Ari from Ari’s Menu and I’m so excited to be posting over here today! The whole holiday season is my very favorite time of year. I love spending time with family, hosting Thanksgiving, and baking up lots of lightened up holiday treats to share with the people around me! My kitchen gets a TON of use this time of year, and I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite tools I use in my kitchen madness during the holiday season, and year round.
1. Food Processor. I actually have an older model, and mine is the flat red, not that shiny red (and now I’m super jealous). I never realized what I was missing until I got this baby as a wedding present. You can use it to chop veggies, shred cheese, make hummus or pesto, and I get the most use out of it for creating homemade nut butters (psssst–they make awesome holiday gifts!).
2. Vitamix. I’m sure this is no surprise, and I know these babies aren’t cheap, but if you make a lot of soups and smoothies, it is totally worth the investment. I had a decent blender before we received out Vitamix, but the difference is seriously night and day.
3. Olive oil mister. When I switched over to stainless steal pots and pans (also a worthwhile investment, IMO), I stopped being able to use my fake olive oil spray (probably for the best…), but I didn’t want to go using a Rachael Ray amount of oil either (that girl looooves her "EVOO"). These misters lightly and evenly dispense the oil so you use less while still preventing your food from sticking. It’s also great for salads and dressings to get the flavor with way fewer calories.
4. Silpat. Okay, so this is arguably not a tool for "healthy" cooking, but it means no pan greasing, and they are just awesome. I never bake cookies without them. I was skeptical at first, but a lot of times I have a hard time with my cookies sticking because I rarely use butter or oil (less fat = stickier cookies), but these babies make cookie baking (healthy or not) fool proof!
5. Microplane. Two words: fresh nutmeg. For real, you need one.
PS: I asked my husband what he thought I should mention and he said "your camera". I guess he knows me pretty well. 😉 Your turn!!! What’s your favorite kitchen tool? Is it a toaster oven or an air fryer? Because those are both on my wish list!