In our weekly Friday Feature, we share a 5-question interview with one of the fantastic members of HealthyLivingBlogs.com. Take the time to get to know your co-members, pick up tips and tricks, blogging know-how, and recommendations from your fellow bloggers. If you’re an HLB member and haven’t gotten your interview email yet, don’t worry, you will in time! We’re working our way through a list of 2,000+ members’ blogs at random.
1. What’s your name, blog name, and how did you create your blog title?
I’m Cat, and my blog is simply named Cat’s Kitchen, because that’s where the magic happens.
2. What can a new visitor expect to find from your blog?
A wide range of delicious, interesting and healthy recipes, focused on whole-food, plant-based nutrition. Commentary and opinion on a number of issues, ranging from health, exercise and nutrition to cooking tips and anecdotes.
3. What is your favorite site to visit to find motivation in your healthy living journey? What do you find from this website?
www.choosingraw.com is my favourite site. I find Gena writes beautifully, she is well-informed when it comes to nutrition and health, she has great recipes that are whole-foods based and vegan, and she also writes insightful pieces about body image, eating disorder recovery, veganism and general health.
4. Let’s talk traveling: what is your favorite place to visit in your favorite city or town for vacationing?
I love visiting Melbourne. Each time I have the air has been crisp and clear, and I’ve had a wonderful time walking through the city and surrounding suburbs soaking in the culture and finding amazing vegan food.
5. Tell me about your favorite SOMETHING. What do you recommend to the community?
If there is one thing you ever read in regards to your diet, let it be Eat To Live. No dietary philosophy has as strong a scientific grounding, is as well-referenced, makes as much sense or will make you feel as good as this. I promise you, I’ve read so much material – books, articles, blogs – about diet and nutrition, and this is the only one I would absolutely swear by.